To follow up on our monthly newsletter, here is the list of the 10 tips to help improve your credit score:
1. Pay your bills on time.
2. Keep your credit card balances low.
3. Having a good history counts, so don’t close unused accounts.
4. Only apply for credit when it’s needed, then shop for the best rates on loans and credit cards.
5. Separate your accounts after a divorce.
6. Correct inaccuracies in your credit reports, and make sure old information is removed.
7. Avoid excess inquiries.
8. Avoid bankruptcy, if possible.
9. Avoid consolidating balances onto one credit card.
10. Negotiate with your creditors.